12 Amazing Ways to Improve Your Skin Tone
Stress, pollution, hormonal changes, wrong skincare products, exposure to sun rays all take a toll on our skin and as a result, our skin tends to lose its shine and glow, and slowly starts to become dull and lifeless. Also, all these factors may lead to premature ageing including age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles too, but uneven skin tone is the most common issue reported by a majority of women. In this post, we list out 12 amazing ways to improve skin tone.
1. Do not skip moisturizer: We often skip applying moisturizer and do not pay much importance to it; however, keeping the skin moisturized and hydrated at all times is necessary to maintain the suppleness of skin and to prevent uneven skin tone.
2. Sleep on a satin/silk pillow: Sleeping on cotton pillows can create friction on skin, worsening acne condition, and causing wrinkles and fine lines. Invest in a satin and silk pillow and allow it to pamper your face while you sleep.
3. Exercise regularly for clear skin: You must exercise regularly so that your skin glows from within. Exercise will flush out the toxins and sweat from your face. Once the body is free of toxins, it will glow and skin problems will become less prominent.
4. Sleep at least for 7 hours; Everyone must sleep for at least 7 hours a day, for losing weight as well as improving the health of skin.
5. Tomato Facial to Lighten Skin Tone: Tomato is a potent and natural skincare ingredient that can lighten and brighten complexion. Follow this complete facial routine once in 15 days to even out skin tone.
6. Include more anti-ageing rich food in your diet. Uneven skin tone can be a sign of premature ageing and these food will help your skin to fight off free radicals.
7. Cover yourself in the sun: As a rule of thumb, you must apply a good sunscreen before stepping out. But along with a sunscreen, keep a scarf or hat handy. These will keep you covered and provide extra protection and prevent skin from turning dark.
8. Apply Rosehip oil: Rosehip oil has gained huge popularity in clearing out skin issues and to make skin even toned. Include rosehip oil in your skincare routine to brighten up skin tone.
9. Always cleanse your face before hitting the bed: Take down every bit of makeup and sleep with minimum skincare products.
10. Include vitamin C skincare in your routine: Vitamin C is a potent skincare ingredient that fights off free radicals, acts as an antioxidant, clears blemishes, and brightens up skin tone. Find a good vitamin C serum and apply it on a regular basis.
11. Include AHAs like glycolic acid in skincare routine: AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) like glycolic acid and lactic acid break down the tough glue-like structure that binds the dead skin layer on top of the skin revealing a smoother, and brighter skin tone.
12. Retinol is good for all skin types: Retinol is not only an anti-ageing ingredient, it can reduce pigmentation, uneven skin tone, and blemishes. Retinol is an underrated skincare ingredient, and once you find a good retinol product, you will see the difference yourself.